In today’s’ times, gaming has become an important aspect of a persons’ life. So much so that the laptop manufacturing companies have started rolling o
In today’s’ times, gaming has become an important aspect of a persons’ life. So much so that the laptop manufacturing companies have started rolling out gaming-specific laptops. This change in trend has been quite obvious as, over the years, a completely different set of target markets has been carved out of the population specifically for gaming. Gaming unlike in previous times has become a sophisticated activity in todays’ times. Gaming over the years has turned from a recreational activity to a proper profession with good pay.
A good player to excel in gaming not only needs experience and technique but also, a good device, to be specific a laptop, just for gaming.
We are here, bringing you some of the finest laptops under INR 40,000 in India. This range is considered to be an ideal range for amateurs and experienced players. For those who want to venture into the world of gaming, this range should not burn a hole in their pockets. Also, for those players who want to get deeply into gaming as well as plan to convert this recreational activity of theirs into a full-fledged profession, this range is perfect for them. In the future, as time goes by and one starts becoming a pro in gaming, he or she will always have an option to upgrade to a higher model from the current one.
There are two things that one needs to take into consideration while choosing their ideal laptop for gaming.
- Processor: No matter what the purpose is, the processor of your chosen laptop needs to have a good processor as the speed of your device will depend on it. An outdated processor will only hang your laptop as the device won’t be able to take load beyond its limit. The game will lag which in turn will be a huge loss for the player. One can easily get the latest Intel i3 processor or even the latest Intel 10th generation i5 processor. Laptops coming under this range can handle tasks like daily computing, office work, media viewing, light to medium gaming, and even photo editing, with ease. If going for Intel processors, one should start from i5 as it’s meant for light gaming and the subsequent Intel Processors are made for heavy gaming and editing. While considering AMD, one can choose between AMD Ryzen 5 and AMD Ryzen 7. The former one is made for light gaming while the latter one is for heavy gaming.
- GPU: This processor is mainly concerned with the graphics of your device. For light games, Intel HD integrated chips are good enough. It can also run heavy games but with low graphic settings. For Heavy gaming, one would need a laptop with a dedicated graphics chip. Usually, AMD and Intel processors contain integrated graphic chips while AMD and Nvidia specialize in Dedicated Graphics Chips.
- RAM: While pondering over the RAM, one would need to make sure that the RAM is DDR4 as it future proofs ones’ laptop. Gaming laptops require a minimum of 8GB RAM. One can even buy a laptop with 4GB RAM but then a need may arise to increase the RAM in near future.
- Screen size: 14-17 inches of screen size is considered ideal for gaming laptops, editing, and watching movies.
- Display resolution: Higher the resolution, the richer the visual experience. For the given budget, HD ready or Full HD will work well. While the former one is sufficient to play light games, the latter one suits graphic-rich games as the visuals will be sharper and clearer.
- Refresh Rate: Defined as the number of times an image is changed per second on the laptop screen; a higher refresh rate is recommended for gaming purposes. 60Hz is the standard refresh rate for laptops.
- Bezels: The black plastic boundary surrounding the laptop screen is called bezels. The latest trend is bezel-less screens to enhance the visual experience of the owner.
Now, let us have a closer look at the laptops that are available in the Indian Market for gaming. These laptops will generally have 2Gb Graphics and 4 Gb RAM to provide one with the best gaming experience at this price.
- Asus Vivobook 15 X512DA
It is one of the slimmest and compact laptops that we have in the market right now. With 8GB RAM and 1TBHHD storage available, it is one of the best gaming laptops on the list. To further enhance the gaming experience of the player, this laptop comes with a frameless nano edge frame offering a marvelous 88% screen to body ratio hence giving the gamer a big screen in the small-sized 15.6” laptop. With ultra-thin bezels on the sides, the laptop comes with an HD Camera for not only video calls but also for clicking pictures. The laptop comes with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor along with a 2 GB AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card. It weighs 1.60 kgs and comes with a one-year on-site domestic warranty.
- Avita Core i5 8th Generation
Coming with a light design and ultra-slim built, it weighs 1.14 kgs. It comes with a 1.2 GHz Intel Core i5-7Y54 processor and Intel HD Graphics 615 Graphics. The storage is 8GB DDR3 RAM. It has a 14-inch screen and comes with Windows 10 Home OS. The built of the laptop is not only sturdy but also quite dashing as compared to its competitors under the same price bracket. 1080p LED Backlit IPS Display is nothing less than bliss as it easily provides adequate brightness for daily work. It is a very good feature when the lighting is dim in the room. It gives seamless performance even with heavy applications like Android Studio or Virtual Box. It is perfect for moderate to heavy gaming.
Coming with fingerprint reading, it eases many functions as one can easily log in by putting the password. It has one of the fastest bootup times.
- Mi Notebook 14
If you are looking for a budget laptop with all the premium features then Mi Notebook 14 is the best option available in the market for you. It is equipped with 10th generation Intel Core i5 10210U and carries 256 SSD storage. It comes with 8GB RAM. This one also uses Intel HD Graphics. The battery life of 10 hours is highly impressive. With all the key features, it is the nemesis of all the laptops available in India under this range. The notebook comes with a portable camera that seamlessly slides over the notebooks’ surface which makes it convenient for you to make video calls. This laptop comes with the latest technology introduced by Xiaomi in the market. You can now open your notebook with your Mi Band using the Mi Blaze Unlock feature.
- Avita Liber V
With jaw-dropping features like a backlit keyboard and 10 hours of battery life, Avita Liber V is a new generation laptop with remarkable features. It comes with Intel i5 10th Gen and has a storage capacity of 512 GB SSD. Memory is of 8GB RAM with integrated UHD Graphics. It is equipped with whopping six connectivity ports. It comes with pre-installed Office 365 and pre-loaded Windows 10 with lifetime validity. This laptop is known for its durability and stylish design. Liber V weighs 1.25 kgs, making it one of the lightest laptops on the market. It is available in fourteen dynamic colors. The anti-glare technology and IPS panel, allowing ultra-wide view makes the binge-watch experience even more seamless for the owner. With its absolute features, one can even play GTA 5 on this laptop without any hassles.
- Dell Inspiron 7568
Coming from one of the best laptop manufacturing companies in the world, Dell Inspiron 7568 is there to rock your gaming world with its power-packed features. Weighing 2.3 kgs, the beast comes with 7th Gen intel core i5 along with AMD Radeon M340 2GB graphics card which automatically makes this device a high performing laptop. 4GB RAM and 1TB HDD storage make it easy for one to store heavy games. The display is 15.6” and comes with Full HD. Sharp and Crystal clear images are produced by the laptop which is quite easy on your eyes. It comes with preloaded Windows 10 and pre-loaded software Ubuntu Linux.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S145
Going by the specifications, this is a hardcore gaming laptop. It has 8th gen Intel i5 processor and dedicated graphics card NVIDIA GeForce MX110 2GB. This GPU has the best graphic performance for any kind of game. With 8GB RAM DDR4 memory and 1TB HDD storage, this laptop is nothing less than a paradise for gamers. Its display is 15.6” full HD. Dual speakers and Dolby audio act as the icing on the cake hence enhancing the gaming experience. This laptop can even support Windows 10 although it’s a DOS-based laptop.
- Asus M509
Having a size of 15 inches, it is one of the smallest and lightweight falling under this range, in the world. This laptop is fueled by AMD Integrated Radeon Vega 8 Graphics and AMD Ryzen 5. Having a battery life of 8 hours, this laptop will not let you down during long gaming sessions. It weighs just 1.9 kgs which makes it easy to carry around. You can continue your game wherever you want without worrying about your laptop being bulky. This laptop can handle heavy games like GTA5, Fortnite, or PUBG with ease. For gaming, Radeon Vega 8 is a better GPU than any integrated Intel GPUs. NanoEdge Display and thin side bezels heighten your visual experience by giving you more screen space. Topping it with a Full HD panel and anti-glare coating makes it go easy on our eyes.
- Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA
This laptop will top the list when it comes to multi-tasking. Fitted with AMD R5 processor along with AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics card of 2GB, this laptop can be named as the gaming beast in the budget category. Being lightweight, compact, and slim, Asus Vivobook 15 has hit the bull’s eye here. The ultra-thin bezels give the laptop a very sleek and sophisticated look. With just 4 hours, the battery backup is quite average but the fast charging feature overshadows this negative feature. Your laptop can double as your bedside music player due to the Asus SonicMaster Technology used in this laptop which gives out crystal clear sound along with loud volume output.
- MarQ Falkon Aerbook
This laptop is powered by an 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor with turbo frequency going up to 3.9 GHz and Intel Integrated HD Graphics 620. It comes with 256GB SSD Storage and 8GB DDR3 RAM. This laptop is comparatively smaller as compared to other laptops mentioned in this list. The size of the Full HD LED Backlit IPS Display is 13.3 inches. As the storage is SSD, the bootup time is less as compared to laptops having HDD type storage. It is energy efficient. The applications in this type of storage tend to run faster and make files transfer quicker. The 1.1 GHz Turbo GPU can even support a 4K display which is quite hard to get in this range. The refresh rate is 60Hz which is ideal for light to moderate gaming. This laptop can power stunning graphics with exceptional speed for an uninterrupted high-definition experience.
We realize that gaming has become a passion for many and people are ready to spend a fortune on gaming laptops. The cost of a proper hardcore gaming laptop can easily cross Rs 60-70K. The laptops mentioned in the list are generally for light to moderate gaming. They can run all heavy and modern games but with low graphics and low FPS as a budget, the laptop will not allow you to run your games in high settings. We have carefully assessed the laptops mentioned above in regards to the points mentioned in the article for choosing a decent gaming laptop.
Also Read : Top 10 Best Bluetooth Earphones Under 1000 (2021)
Also Read : Best Gaming Cabinet Under 5000 (2021)